I finally got the fringe tied on a lap robe I wove last fall. I refused to pay the price for a fringe twister but I found a hair twister in the mark-down bin for next to nothing (battery powered, no less). It works wonderfully! It took me about 2 hours to twist the fringe on the lap robe (36"X36") about a third of the time I'd have spent doing it by hand. However, I do wonder what kind of woman would put her hair in such a contraption. Probably the daughter of a woman who went to work every day wearing high heels a girdle and a push-em-up bra. Which sounds like a country song to me- She put on her makeup and she walked to the car
wearing high heels, a girdle and a push-em up bra
I knew that'd be the last of her that I ever saw.....
The temptation was too much to resist. I spent the evening swatching one of the turned corners in the Lavold Viking Knitting book. I did a different short row technique on each of the corners and no one technique is perfect. Actually Lavold tells you this in the book, but I like to find out for myself. Overall, I am very pleased with the result .
No comments:
Post a Comment