Friday, April 30, 2004
Closed Captioning- I've been noticing lately how much better closed captioning is becoming. In prime time TV (don't usually watch during the day) the words are correctly spelled, they are shown as the words are spoken, and when two characters are on the screen the words are to the same side of the screen as the character speaking. Last night during CSI there was a scene where the characters had their backs to the camera and the captions included the characters' names. The worst offender lately has been "Survivor" where the captioning runs 8+ seconds behind the spoken dialogue so that I saw Rupert moving his mouth, then Boston Rob moving his mouth, then read Rupert's words over an image of Amber moving her mouth. It isn't that the survivors are talking too fast for the captions but that the captions don't start until well after the voice- over in the beginning. I'm better off reading about it on "Television Without Pity".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment