Friday, June 03, 2005

The racoon wars have begun. We woke one morning to find the hummingbird feeder on the ground and the oriole feeder lying about 3 feet from the crook. The past few evenings the racoon has been so brazen that he isn't even waiting for dark- he raids the feeders in the late afternoon. The Grand Pooh-Bah jumps up from his chair and runs out onto the porch yelling and stamping his feet, the racoon just looks at him, takes a long drink and then slowly saunters off to the woods. Last year the racoon attacks were so bad that the Grand Pooh-Bah had to bring the feeders in at night but that won't work this year.
I have almost finished the pink sweater out of the "Cestari" yarn I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool Fest. I just have the button bands to knit on.

No comments: