Monday, August 15, 2005

We had a wonderful visit with grandchildren and a great time in Toronto. I toured yarn shops and the Ukrainian community and the Grand Pooh-Bah talked baseball. We met daily to eat at one the great restaurants. Only one small negative- the heat. It was as hot and humid up there as it was down here. I had to rely on the mass transit more than usual, couldn't walk as much as I had planned. Still, I got to all the sites on my "A" list but had to skip some on the "B" list.
Came home to find the neighbors new pool installed and running. It has four fountains, one on each side, that shoot water into it. I was concerned that the sound of the running water would trigger the need for a potty run and I wouldn't be able to sit on my porch any more. But, so far, there are no side effects, the sound is just soothing and relaxing.
We have a new movie theater in the area that advertises "20 different flavors of popcorn". Unfortunately, one of them is not "fresh".
And, what could be more fun than a jog through D.C. in the fall?

No comments: