I have been working on the Sandy Cardigan. The diagonal panels are finished (I knit the two back panels together) and have knit the vertical side panels. I sewed the diagonal panels together at the shoulder and knit the side panels from bottom front to bottom back, rather than having a shoulder seam. I am knitting the vertical side panels and the shaped side panel in stockinet rather than garter stitch so before going on I blocked it to give myself a better idea of the gauge I'm getting. The diagonal panels are Noro Kuryon and the side panels are Lamb's Pride in a beautiful sea green-blue. The picture doesn't do justice to either color.
Monday, August 07, 2006
I have been working on the Sandy Cardigan. The diagonal panels are finished (I knit the two back panels together) and have knit the vertical side panels. I sewed the diagonal panels together at the shoulder and knit the side panels from bottom front to bottom back, rather than having a shoulder seam. I am knitting the vertical side panels and the shaped side panel in stockinet rather than garter stitch so before going on I blocked it to give myself a better idea of the gauge I'm getting. The diagonal panels are Noro Kuryon and the side panels are Lamb's Pride in a beautiful sea green-blue. The picture doesn't do justice to either color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those are absolutely gorgeous colors! It must be a joy just to knit it, much less wear it!
Hey! We can comment now! That's awesome.
Unfortunately I have nothing to say. The picture looks nice? Yeah...the colors are pretty? The only words I understood from your text were "diagonal panels". So maybe I should just say that I appreciated the diagonal panels.
Sorry I don't get the knitting lingo. I'm glad you have friends like Julia who can post intelligently regarding your knitting!
-Veronica
The sweater is looking beautiful! But more importantly, congratulations on the math. ;o)
It looks absolutely beautiful. I love those colors. I don't even have the back panels on mine done yet.
Post a Comment