Monday, September 25, 2006

We went to see "The Black Dahila" yesterday. I had to shut my eyes several times. The high points, for me, were; Aaron Eckhart's performance (he was great in the comedy "Thank You for Smoking" and now this film- the man has incredible range); dinner with the Linscotts, a Hollywood family that makes the Sternwoods look well-adjusted; "Bucky", in bed with Madeline, lighting two cigarettes at once*; "Bucky", in bed with Madeline, wearing his hat (I was inspired to hum a few bars of Randy Newman's "You Can Keep Your Hat On"); some Zoot Suiters and vintage underwear. Senior matinee admission-$11.00, a frozen coke-$3.75, the comments of the moviegoer behind us- priceless.
Knitting content? My knitting is quite content, thank you for asking.

*It's been a long time since I've seen a movie where smoking was so much a part of the story. But then, the fact that I noticed it says a lot about the movie in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw Ebert and Roeper review this one. Of course it wasn't Ebert but if I recall correctly neither of the reviewers liked it much.

Have you been watching Ebert and Roeper with the guest critics? Fred Willard guest hosted this past week and he was worth the price of admission. Kevin Smith was also great when he hosted.

I haven't seen many movies lately but did go see "Little Miss Sunshine" a few months ago. Have you seen that? WONDERFUL!!! If you get a chance to see it you really must. Steve Carrell can do no wrong in my book.