I received my copy of Terri Shea's book "Selbuvotter-Biography of a Knitting Tradition" last week. I vowed not to start any mittens until I had finished the pair of socks I am working on. Last night my resolve gave out. Carless, I was unable to get to a yarn store and I couldn't wait for mail order so I raided my stash and started NHM#14 from Socka Sport and Strumpf, it's the same weight as the yarn used in the book. All the mittens are beautiful but I started with this one because the cuff is so elegant and I thought the design would look sweet in the red and white yarn I am using (the sample in the book is in black and white, very neat and crisp). Sonya got the book, too. I'm betting that the first mittens she knits will be adapted from Annemor #7. They have a wonderful moose on them. They are actually gloves but Sonya is clever and they should adapt easily to mittens.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
I received my copy of Terri Shea's book "Selbuvotter-Biography of a Knitting Tradition" last week. I vowed not to start any mittens until I had finished the pair of socks I am working on. Last night my resolve gave out. Carless, I was unable to get to a yarn store and I couldn't wait for mail order so I raided my stash and started NHM#14 from Socka Sport and Strumpf, it's the same weight as the yarn used in the book. All the mittens are beautiful but I started with this one because the cuff is so elegant and I thought the design would look sweet in the red and white yarn I am using (the sample in the book is in black and white, very neat and crisp). Sonya got the book, too. I'm betting that the first mittens she knits will be adapted from Annemor #7. They have a wonderful moose on them. They are actually gloves but Sonya is clever and they should adapt easily to mittens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, you have such faith in my ability to alter a pattern! You're right though; that will be my first project.
Oh, I ordered that book too! Now I can't wait for it to arrive - love your cuff!
Post a Comment