
"Unfinished Object on Dirty Kitchen Floor" Two things every knitter has in her house and don't they look well together? My brain unfogged for a while the other night and I thought, "Why am I turning these little squares around to knit fewer than 30 stitches each row. I learned how to knit backwards at retreat." So I dug out my papers from Joan Schrouder's "Tips and Techniques" class and began knitting backwards. I was very pleased with myself 'till I came to the end of the row and looked at what I had done. Duhhh, it's garter stitch. Should have purled backwards. Dear Joan is a wonderful teacher, I'll bet she can teach anyone to knit backwards but knowing when to do it is something each of us must figure out for herself.
4 comments:
Even St. Joan can only do so much. ;o)
Do you have an idea of how big the extremely cool blanket is going to be? Or will you just go until you run out of sock scraps?
What? Run out of sock scraps? Never! Sock scraps, like wire hangers, hide dark places and breed. It is about 40 inches wide and I plan to square it up, see how it looks and decide then. 40 inches square is a nice lap throw size, IMHO.
Wow, that is going to be a masterpiece!
I saw "dirty kitchen floor" and got all excited thinking that I might actually have something to contribute to this particular blog entry. But, alas, it's about knitting. Which is a subject I know even less about than computers. Dirty kitchen floors - I can write novels about. Knitting in any direction is beyond me. But...wearing homemade knit socks? PRICELESS!
Post a Comment