Lee over at Baabins is knitting a mile in her Stash Knit Down. I was in a math mood and figured out that knitting 4 pairs of socks uses a mile of yarn (for you obsessives [you know who you are, Kathy] a mile of yarn equals 3.78 pairs of socks but what ya gonna do with half a sock?).
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Lee over at Baabins is knitting a mile in her Stash Knit Down. I was in a math mood and figured out that knitting 4 pairs of socks uses a mile of yarn (for you obsessives [you know who you are, Kathy] a mile of yarn equals 3.78 pairs of socks but what ya gonna do with half a sock?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to know I'm not the only one with enough UFOs that it necessitates purchasing more needles.
Well I am confused here. How can you only get 3.78 pairs of socks out of one mile of yarn? I had to sit down and figure this one out. With 5280 feet to a mile and 1760 yards in a mile and the yarn I am currently using (Mountain Colors)has 350 yards to 100 grams which I will get one pair plus extra left over, I get over 5 pairs of socks to a mile. Of course, using other yarns that have maybe 450 yards you could get about 3.91 pairs of socks. So how would you average this out? Now that would be the question I thought might be of interest to you! The philosophy of this is very discerning (you forced me to look this word up). Was your sample size of adequate size to get good results or did you just use one yarn type. This is a very deep question. We must discuss it further.....
Post a Comment