Sunday, March 09, 2008

A mindless week
I took several knitting wips to the cabin along with some reading and some writing and some work but in the end my brain shut down and all I worked on was this mitered squares blanket. Totally mindless. The Grand Pooh-Bah wasn't any better. Verna and Jillian came up to spend a night with us and we had one energetic morning walking around town and swinging Jill in swings and hammocks. Otherwise the week was: lying in the hot tub watching the hawk circle above us and thinking that we better move lest he think that we were lunch; looking out the windows at the deer that surrounded the cabin and talking about Hitchcock"s "The Birds"; whenever the electricity went off, we took it as a sign that it was time to take a nap. Why is it that those commercials for the premium cable channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc) always look so interesting but when we are actually in a place that offers those channels there's never anything interesting on?

4 comments:

BAAbins said...

WOW Mary!!

What a great start on another sock yarn blanket!! You are going to town! You must be a very fast knitter! It looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even finish a pair of socks and you are halfway done with another blanket. I am envious. I did not get as much knitting done on the "not" break that you had on your break. Next year I need to go away like you and BP-B did this year. I did put all my sock yarn that I can get to easily into an EXCEL spreadsheet, so I know I have PLENTY of yarn to make a blanket just not the motivation at the moment. Off to finish/work on one of my many UFO or WIPs, which ever way you want to look at it.

Kathy

Sonya said...

Your mitered square stamina is amazing! It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I want the name of that cabin! A hot tub? Oh my!! A break sounds good . . . . see you soon! Lea-Ann