Saturday, May 31, 2008

GREAT WEEK
This has been a great week. I got caught up on all the laundry that had accumulated while I was gone. The Grand Pooh-Bah took an afternoon off and we went up to my not quite LYS and dinner at P. F. Chang. Someone I don't know on the Techknit forum on Ravelry quoted something I said months ago (I'm not surprised when someone I know remembers what I've said but someone I don't know and someone on the Techknit forum, no less...). A wonderful day knitting and chatting at my LYS.
While up at Threadbear I picked up the materials I had forgotten when I was there for the Rovaniemi mitten class. My brain was so full of all the history and technique and interesting stories that Susanna Hansson shared that I went off without my mug and yarn. When I told the clerk who I was she turned to a row of large drawers each marked with letters and pulled out my things. I got all excited- all these drawers were the "Lost and Found"- truly I had found kindred spirits, others who experienced brain overload and forgot to take yarn, needles, mugs, etc, and a shop full of folks who looked out for them (actually, they are the "Hold" drawers). We are very lucky up here, our yarn shops do go the extra mile to take care of customers- even one who gets in occasionally.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Yay for a well-organized lost and found! I was drooling over the classes they offer at ThreadBears. Now that I'm getting their newsletter, I may have to venture up there for one.

Anonymous said...

I've been sending you emails, but I'm not sure your ISP is allowing them through. Have you gotten them? Grace