Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Paving The Road
I had good intentions, I even signed up for the WIP Wrestling on Raveolympics, but I have been distracted and paved a few more feet (miles?) on ...well you know what road is paved with good intentions. My unfinished projects are still unfinished and I have started the "Tofu Tee":

It is knit with two strands of "Tofutsies", I've been keeping the strands from twisting around one another as I knit- if they lay side-by-side the fabric has a nice lofty feel. The pattern is knit side to side. I altered the sleeves from short to long. Because I do hate to sew things together, I cast on for the side seam with an invisible cast on. Because I have done this before and ended up with a "ventilation" hole under the arm (where the straight line of the side seam meets the curve of the arm) I knit a gusset. It worked well going up the arm, now I just have to figure out how to match it on the other side. The pattern called for a slit neckline which I changed to a lapped neckline (it doesn't stretch out as much and I like to look of it better). These were, IMHO, good decisions. I also changed the color rotation- not such a good decision but I know that color is my weak area so I should have known better (a few more inches in the road).
As if I don't have enough UFO's languishing I'm going to Shop Hop on Friday. Four shops in Michigan (each offering special buys and coupons) with enabling friends. But I'm not going to buy anything I don't really need. Many more inches in the road.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I will help you not buy anything if you help me not buy anything I do not need. I have good intentions but then it goes by the wayside when I see pretty yarn. I will be good, I will be good, I will be good...I will I will I will....

Kathy