Tuesday, November 10, 2009

вареникиз з сиром і картоплею






поїсти

5 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

My Russian fails me!

A. Warped, knitter said...

It's Ukrainian, hopefully in it's un-Russi-fied form altho' with the post-breakup attempts to return the language to it's pre-Soviet Union form I do sometimes get it wrong.
Varenyky (aka pyrohy) with cheese and potatoes. Eat.
I do hope that your comment was tongue-in-cheek. If you couldn't tell from the pics what it was you have missed one of the best things about Eastern Europe.

lea-ann said...

Mary, you are continually surprising me . . . you write Ukrainian? Some friends of mine from church live in the Ukraine right now. What does a pyrohy taste like?

Grace said...

Pierogi!! Someone I know made pierogi and I bet others I know ate it. Hope you froze some to bring me. Making pierogi over the holidays would be a great idea (hint, hint). Now I'm hungry....

technikat said...

I just read your blog after Christmas. Mmmm! The pyrohy look good. Messy job, isn't it? I didn't make any this year because DD didn't come home to help :-(

I hope you had a grand Christmas. Ours was quiet and pleasant.