Tuesday, December 08, 2009

These are from a hat class I took at Knitting Today. They are Shepherd's Wool sock* yarn and Noro Silk Garden or Noro Kuryeon. Beautiful and fun to make. I like being surprised at which color becomes dominant. I have enough yarn for more hats but I'll have to make an effort to relax while I knit them. Both the pictured hats are the same number of stitches around but the natural/purple one is very small, I was very tense while knitting it and it shows.
*Correction: Thanks to Lea-Ann for reminding me that the solid colored yarn in both hats is Shepherd's Wool Worsted.


2 comments:

Sonya said...

Gorgeous hats, Mary! Stranded knitting with a variegated yarn really looks amazing.

Lea-Ann said...

Mary, Beautiful hats, even if you were tense. Did you use Shepherd's Wool Fingering for the natural one? The other is Shepherd's Wool worsted. Lea-Ann