Thursday, July 01, 2010



Finally, we had a day that was not too humid and I was able to get Cassidy blocked. It looks very nice and was well worth the wait. The rest of the finishing should go quickly.
I'm currently listening to Alan Furst's "Spies of the Balkans", not Furst's best but a good listen nonetheless. The one thing I miss in audio books are the maps and charts which sometimes accompany the printed version so when we were at the bookstore I found "Spies of the Balkans" and got a good look at the map of the route the Jews took from Berlin to Turkey. I'm a big fan of maps, graphs, time lines; what Tuftes calls "Visual Explanations" and one of my favorite sites is Strange Maps and I found this recent post particularly enlightening (also, if you follow the link to "If It Was My Home" you can put the oil spill on your hometown). Of course, this only shows two dimensions, I wish someone would illustrate the oil spill in three dimensions. Being of a more pragmatic mind The Grand Pooh Bah wants to know: if all this oil had been made into gas how far could one drive one's Hummer on it?

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Your Cassidy looks wonderful! I love the color too.