Sunday, August 21, 2011

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Saturday was the grand opening of Simply Socks Yarn Co down in Ft. Wayne. Much as I did want to go down and see the great old post office that it is housed in and fondle the yarn Sue and I headed north to Michigan Fiber Fest. At one point I thought we might have a car full but Deb had surgery and others dropped out because they didn't have money to spend so in the end it was just Sue and me and Gypsy, the GPS machine. Gypsy first tried to take us on the toll road (is she getting a kickback from the Aussie-Spanish who now run it?) then settled into a roundabout route of curving, shady backroads. Finally Sue ignored her and picked up the route she would have taken had Gypsy not been with us and we were there in no time.
We ran into some old friends, a couple on purpose and some others accidentally. We had lunch, a pleasant walk around the grounds and through the barns, saw a lot of cool things, got some great ideas, I got a basket, Sue didn't spend any money (proving that you can go to FiberFest and have fun without buying anything) and the Grand Pooh Bah, who never even left home, got some kettle corn.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOh, that basket just gave me a great idea!! I could use something like that for my colorwork knitting! I need to go find one right now since I am starting a sweater with three colors. Hmm, where to find handmade baskets without a Fiberfest in sight?
I applaud, and question, your ability to attend a FF without buying yarn!! Are you steeled spine or something? LOL!

Sonya said...

Great basket, Mary! I had hoped to get up there this year, but had an index deadline that wouldn't allow it. Who knew it was possible to go to a fiber fest and not spend any money?!?