Measure twice, cut once
I have been working hard but have nothing to show for it. I had to redraw the cartoon for the ginko leaf wall hanging. I planned it to be 30 inches wide by 55 inches long but there is a cold air return vent about 6 inches from the ceiling and the ductwork goes up the inside of the wall so I can't block the air vent and I can't put hangers up that might puncture the ductwork. I have re-designed the hanging to be horizontal rather than vertical. I don't like it as well as I did the vertical so am still futzing with it and in no hurry to get started.
I am giving Kristin her every 1(or 2 or 3)year cleaning.
Listening to: "Real Gone" by Tom Waits
Watching: Court T.V., last week they showed tapes of the Seaman trial from up in Michigan. One of the witnesses was Lenore Walker, the psychologist who coined the term "battered woman syndrome". Her testimony was very interesting as was the commentary of some of the lawyers. Thinking of you, Shirley.
Reading: "Kristin Lavransdatter" by Sigrid Undset, it's what I read when I clean my own Kristin and "Baseball Before We Knew It" by David Block, a search for the true origins of baseball, half of the book is appendix, a wealth of information and sources.
No comments:
Post a Comment