Friday, September 16, 2005



Some felted bags that are fuzzy. I've been making a lot of felted bags lately, perhaps because the first one I made, for Joan, was so well received. These have fuzzies on them and I have some to felt that will have felted flowers on them. I've been struggling with a lace shawl. It starts with casting on 491 stitches- I had to cast on 3 times, just couldn't get the first two or three rows set up and going properly. I finally decided I would have to devote an afternoon to getting started and spent all yesterday afternoon working on it. I'm about an inch into it now and I can "read" the pattern from the work itself so things are going much better. I'll spend this afternoon going through my stash. Sue is taking a class in naalbinding and I know I have some odds and ends of some of the recommended yarns on her list. I'm hoping to trade her the yarn for a lesson or two on naalbinding when she gets back.

No comments: