Monday, January 01, 2007

My "Lizard Ridge" lap throw is all done but the blocking. I am particularly pleased with the way it turned out. It was well planned and I used up all my Noro leftovers, I inserted random purl rows (I like the way the Noro colors look in purl) and the I-cord binding finishes it off nicely. I'll post pics in an album as soon as I find my camera (it's amazing how much gets lost when I tidy the house).
I had planned to do some color work in this new year and I have started with some mittens. I have been inspired by the mittens that the knitters of Latvia made for each of the delegates to the Riga Summit:

http://www.rigasummit.lv/en/id/cats/nid/698/

The link is to pictures of each of the mittens and info about the patterns and traditiions associated with Latvian mittens. I got out my copy of Lizabeth Upitis book and feel an attack of mittenitis coming on.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Love the purl rows in your Lizard Ridge. Those Latvian mittens pictures are inspiring. I haven't cast on for the Endpaper mitts yet; have you?