This great looking sock is the first sock knit by my friend, Audrey. I have written to ask her what yarn she used and will post it when I find out. And did you notice the lovely handwoven yardage behind the sock? I went to Audrey's house to see what she had on her loom and to become inspired to warp mine, well, also 'cause I enjoy her company and she makes great tea. But mostly what I wanted that day was some weaving inspiration. But Audrey's loom is as empty as mine (translation: there's stuff hanging all over 'em 'cause we're using them for storage) and she is knitting socks. So I came home and knit, too. 23Jan edited to add: the yarn is Trekking XXL, the label has been lost so we don't know the color.
Friday, January 19, 2007
This great looking sock is the first sock knit by my friend, Audrey. I have written to ask her what yarn she used and will post it when I find out. And did you notice the lovely handwoven yardage behind the sock? I went to Audrey's house to see what she had on her loom and to become inspired to warp mine, well, also 'cause I enjoy her company and she makes great tea. But mostly what I wanted that day was some weaving inspiration. But Audrey's loom is as empty as mine (translation: there's stuff hanging all over 'em 'cause we're using them for storage) and she is knitting socks. So I came home and knit, too. 23Jan edited to add: the yarn is Trekking XXL, the label has been lost so we don't know the color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a nice looking sock. and it looks soft as well. What yarn did you use for it?
Tkat
what a lovely sock. What yarn did you use?
Post a Comment