Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I am finishing up a pair of socks in Regia Bamboo- it is a lovely yarn with a smooth hand and a nice sheen. I think they'll be perfect for this summer.
I got the new Piecework and am feeling very excited about the mittens. I seem to be in a mitten mood this winter and I have two pairs on the needles. I ordered some yarn from Nancy Bush at The Wooly West for more. The article on Knitting Spools was OK. I collect them and I hoped that it would deal more with the history and how to date them. There is not a lot of info out there about them- I have never seen them listed in a price guide. I suspect the only way to research them would to get to a library that has old needlework magazines or old Sears Christmas catalogues. Still, it is a start.

No comments: