Sunday, April 15, 2007

Yesterday I went to Lafayette with Penny and three members of her bobbin lace guild to attend the Lafayette Lacers Lace Gathering. I had to make an early start to get to Ft. Wayne by 6:00am and we drove back home through a snow storm but the inbetween was well worth it. Lots of beautiful, inspiring books and supplies. One girl got a traveling lace pillow- very compact and sweet, I got a couple of books and some bead knitting kits, others in our group got bobbins- there were lots of real beauties there but the high point of our purchases was a exquisite hand-painted brooch from Russia. It was fun to talk to the other lacers and to watch their flying fingers at work. Lacers are also knitters- there were a couple of lovely lace shawls in attendance and some nice sweaters. The theme of the gathering was "Masks" and there was a display of lace-embellished masks as well as other pieces of bobbin lace. I have posted an album of pictures of the gathering accessable through the "album" link on the right sidebar.

No comments: