The good thing about having several knitting projects going at once is that you never get bored; the bad thing about having several knitting projects going at once is that you feel as if you are knitting and knitting but you never finish anything. One of our local yarn shops went out of business last week, another will close in June. I wonder if this is a portend. I buy some yarns mail order but I try to support my local shops. I know I would miss the comaraderie if they closed and, while some are talented enough to pick up knitting tricks from the web and from books there are some who need the kind of hands-on approach a knit shop can provide.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
The good thing about having several knitting projects going at once is that you never get bored; the bad thing about having several knitting projects going at once is that you feel as if you are knitting and knitting but you never finish anything. One of our local yarn shops went out of business last week, another will close in June. I wonder if this is a portend. I buy some yarns mail order but I try to support my local shops. I know I would miss the comaraderie if they closed and, while some are talented enough to pick up knitting tricks from the web and from books there are some who need the kind of hands-on approach a knit shop can provide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment