First, I owe Blogger an apology. The new Blogger is easier to use than the old Blogger- so much so that I have changed this blog over to the new version.
YAH-WHO? And then there's Yahoo. I store my pictures on Yahoo and two weeks ago they posted a notice that Yahoo pictures was closing in the fall and anyone who didn't move their pictures off of Yahoo photos would lose them. They listed some picture storing sites and, of course, Flicker, which Yahoo owns (or maybe Flicker owns Yahoo or maybe somebody else owns them both). Anyway, I made an effort to research alternate sites and in frustration decided to go to Flicker. I have an account there which I abandoned in favor of Yahoo which I liked better but the Yahoo notice said that I could import my pics to Flicker easily and all at once and the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. I spent some time (over the course 4 afternoons) at Flicker trying to figure out how to import my photos en masse. Finally I went to the ask-other-users-for-help section at Flicker and found out that there will be a function that allows this but it is not yet ready. WHY? Why couldn't Yahoo have told us that in the beginning? Why couldn't Yahoo and Flicker co-ordinate better? If I had come to the end of the notice about the closing of Yahoo Photo and found a big red button marked "press here and move all your pictures to Flicker" I would have done it gladly. How many other just barely technologically adept users would have done the same? How many other Yahoo Photo users will find someplace else to move to simply because Yahoo and Flicker couldn't co-ordinate a little better?
No comments:
Post a Comment