Sunday, June 24, 2007


Obsessive: a state of unhealthy preoccupation.
In February Lee came into Knitting Today with the beginnings of a mitered square sock blankie. She got me all excited about it and said that she would have time in May to help me get started on one. May came and went and now it's September "when school starts again" and I just can't wait that long (that leftover sock yarn is burning a hole in my stash). So I read the directions over on Shelly''s blogand got started just before knit camp. This is mindless knitting- the perfect thing for recovering from the brain strain of camp. We had a great time at camp. I've just about recovered and will be posting more in a day or two but I just wanted to share this project.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

It's growing!

Anonymous said...

So what kind of yarn are you using for your mitered squares? Do you have that much leftover sock yarn or are you buying yarn just for the blanket? It does make a nice colorful blanket!

Tkat

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that! It almost looks like a quilt made of fabric. It's AWESOME!

A. Warped, knitter said...

Tkat- I'm using leftover sock yarns, mostly my own but some donations from other knitters. Because you only need a few yards to knit one of the squares and the length of the color runs on the self-patterning yarns, you can knit several very different looking squares from one skein of yarn. I'm knitting a few squares of cotton yarn, too. I've found that the cotton washes up the same as the wool so it should work fine.