Monday, July 02, 2007
Does the blog look a bit fresher? Is the print a little crisper? The pictures a tad brighter? Well, it is now being written on a new computer. Not totally new, actually a bunch of new stuff in the old box. Are you sure they put the new stuff in, I asked? Look, he said, see the new "Certificate of Authenticity" stickers on the top? Maybe they're like those folks who don't really subscribe to the home security service, just try to fool others by buying decals to put in their windows, I parried. But when I turned it on everything did, indeed look different. The Grand Pooh-Bah spent the weekend organizing stuff for me and I've been playing with the new toys and now it's time to get back to what-passes-for-normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay for a new computer!
I always love when you have a new computer to play with, even if it's just new parts in an old box =)
What??? I'd be giving the Grand-PooBah the third degree on this one. I mean, it isn't like I'm a computer scientist or anything BUT how can new internal workings make the computer LOOK different? Didcha get a new monitor? Cause if you didn't then new internal hardware would not make anything look cleaner or crisper. What would Penn and Teller say about this? Is the certificate of authenticity perhaps a secret hypnotizer button that brainwashes anyone who looks at it? Hmmm...shiny, sparkly, CRISP FONTS!
But again, it isn't as if I know anything about computers...
Don't know about Penn but I'm sure Teller would say the same thing he's been saying for years. Obviously you know nothing about computers (I shoulda/coulda brought a '34 blower Bentley for all that tuition money) however your father has made me promise not to mention that to any prospective employers who call. Obviously, new insides require new programs. Netscape 7 has been replaced with Firefox and the left 10 characters of blogs are no longer cut off and Yahoo no longer urges me to update my browser to receive full benefit of their wonderousness. But of course it doesn't look any different to you. By the time it gets all the way out there to California it has been knocked around and jostled in the tubes and rubbed against all that other stuff and no doubt the little hamsters have nibbled on it so it is no longer crisp and new looking. Still, I can only hope that such things skip a generation and the grandchildren have inherited the Grand Pooh Bah's computer skills. The box of stuff you left at my house in in the post to you. Oh, yeah, a comment on a blog is no substitute for a letter to your mother.
No, no, no!!! A good blog comment is worth a thousand letters, right?? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
I think the grandchildren have inherited a great deal from both the Grand Pooh Bah and you, Ms. A. Warped Knitter. I'm just not certain it's the qualities you all were hoping to pass on.
But enough light banter and entertaining small talk. I have to go convince Jed that the mail does not deliver in the evening because he is desperately waiting for that box from Indiana that contains his gameboy toy. You know the toy? The one we use to keep him entertained for hours on end so we don't have to read to him or play with him. Yes, that toy.
I am so grateful that the other, saner grandmother is out there in California close to the children. There is hope for them yet.
Post a Comment