

My plan is to knit each of the eight sock architectures in Cat Bordhi's book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters" as a mini sample sock. These are the Sky architecture and the Coriolis with the special lettered markers that Kathy made for me. The bottom picture is a sock I knit after taking Cat's class at knitting retreat last year. It seems to me to be the Upstream sock but I can't remember what Cat called it and, of course, I can't locate my class notes. Anyway, my grand project has taken a detour. I was so entranced by the Coriolis sock that I am knitting myself a full sized pair. Working through Cat's "master numbers" I discovered that my "J" measurement is larger than average. Makes sense as Lucy Neatby's heels, where she uses 60-70% of the stitches for the heel fit me much better than the normal distribution which is 50% of the stitches for the heel. If you are working on Cat's socks why not come over to
Knitting Today and chat? There are a couple of us knitting from the book and I'm sure we'll all have questions and observations.
2 comments:
I didn't see the typing on the far right at first and thought the two were baby booties. Aghast, I spent a few seconds wondering which of my sibs is expecting. I'm hoping for socks for Christmas. Socks for me, that is. Grace
i know this is a strange question ... what are you planning to do to the sample socks? I was thinking of knitting the top-down ones with the ribbed cuff like the sky sample sock, and following the toe-up ones for the booties with all the stuff all over them... just without the stuff.
Post a Comment