Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Three units, properly arranged, make a heart. The yarn is "Bamboo", it has a lovely sheen. Fortunately, the Mitered Square blankie is coming along nicely, I'm within 20 units of being done- with the body- the I-cord edging is barely started. The Queen of the Mitered Square blankie will be teaching a class on Mitered Squares. I like her idea for a scarf and am thinking about knitting one with carefully planned color placement.
I've started knitting samples from Cat Bordhi's book. It has been a real mind-stretcher for me. I am accustomed to visualzing my in-the-round knitting with the needles on top looking down into the work, her diagrams visualize it just the opposite, looking down the finished knitting to the needles on the bottom. I'm doing samples in sock yarn so they are knitting up quickly.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I thought YOU were the Queen of the Mitered Square Blankie!

A. Warped, knitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Warped, knitter said...

I am the Dowager Duchess of The Mitered Square Blankie.