Thursday, September 20, 2007

Coriolis Redux
The Coriolis sock doesn't fit very well, it's a bit short (for me, but I know who I'll be giving it to). Cat says in the book that you can be on gauge in stitches per inch and yet be off gauge in rows per inch. I think this is what happened to me. The first time I knit the sock it was waaay too long so I frogged back and decreased the toe length (E). What with other confusions I was having about the sock, I decreased too much. I have asked around on a couple of sock-knitting boards and I'm not the only one who was off in the rows per inch gauge. Because of the way the diagonal band joins the heel the instep length is critical, there's no room to fudge. The second sock is moving along and I'm anxious to start another pattern from the book.
I have received my invitation to join the fun at Ravelry. I've gone over and registered but what with Movie Knit Nite in the Afternoon (we saw Hairspray and had a ball) and Knitting at Barnes & Noble and Pizza & Knitting Nite (featuring UFOs) I haven't had a chance to do much browsing around. Sonya has been telling us about all the fun stuff over there and I can't wait to get started.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You have a friend in Ravelry! Glad you got your invite.