
Finished! The Coriolis sock from Cat Bordhi's book "New Pathways for Sock Knitters". All the problems I had with this sock were my own fault. I just couldn't visualize where Cat was going with this sock so I was unable to follow her directions blindly and it wasn't 'til I had done it wrong that I could see what she wanted done and could do it right. This is the same thing I kept doing in the class I took from her a year ago. Perhaps this time I have learned that Cat's patterns are exceptionally well written and she is one of the few knitters, if not the only knitter, whose patterns you can follow blindly. On this sock the diagonal band is three stitches wide- the better to show off the striped yarn- and the area above the band is a K1, P1 rib- for the more snug fit that I prefer.
3 comments:
Yay! I have a hard time following blindly now too. (I did it with no problem when I first started knitting. Now I need to know where we're going.) Your Coriolis looks great. Are they comfy?
That's a gorgeous sock. Quite unique too.
Tkat
That is a gorgeous sock. I love the colors.
The big news in the Amundson household is that it actually rained and hailed yesterday! Sounds crazy, I know, but since we've moved here every day has been exactly the same-sunny and warm. So to have rain was exciting enough - the hail was like icing (tee-hee) on the cake. The kids went nuts and stood under the eaves trying to catch the hail.
Post a Comment