Thursday, August 13, 2009
On The Arrogance of Men I came home from my walk the other morning to find a pick-up truck parked in my front yard. I'm not going to comment on the stupidity of people who think that just because a patch of grass does not look like a putting green it must be a vacant lot, this is about arrogance. I walked around my neighbors yard and located the workman who belonged to the truck and told him to move it (some men would call this attitude in a woman arrogant). He could have apologized altho' my preference would have been just to keep his mouth shut and move the truck but instead he had the arrogance to tell me that he was "not hurting anything". I could have asked him how he knew that we had not just seeded or fertilized or why he didn't "not hurt anything" in the yard of the people who had employed him but he might have seen that as more female arrogance so I just walked. When we reached the truck he was telling me that it was a wonderful day and arrogantly advising me that it was too nice a day to ruin it with anger. Move your f***** truck I said. He did and I could hear him wishing me a nice day all the way to the house. Of course it was a nice day. How arrogant of him to think that he had the power to ruin it for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment