
We went up to the Michigan Fiber Fair up in Allegan yesterday. On the way up I noticed that Michigan seems to have gotten it's Purple Loosestrife under control. A few years ago Purple Loosestrife was thick in the median, yesterday we just spotted a couple of small patches just north of Tekonsha.
The MFF was fun. Fun band at the bandstand. The band referred to themselves the "Old Hoots" but "old coots" would have been accurate, too. From the jokes they told, what do you call a chocolate sheep? A Hershey baaa, you could tell they were a brave group. The t-shirt of the month award goes to group of young women and one young man who wore shirts saying "Zombie Prom Date Knitters". I hadn't been to MFF for 2-3 years and it seemed to me that there were a few fewer vendors than last time and the booths were less full than before. Lots of felting; some rug hooking, all primitive. Someone was selling shepherd's crooks and we saw quite a few women carrying them around. Lots of lovely yarns. Yes, it was hot.
3 comments:
We wussed out on the MFF because the heat and no small amount of laziness. I ordered a bunch of sock yarn from Webs instead.
Zombie Prom date knitters are a group on the west side of the state. Pretty active folks - they signed up to sponser a section of the interstate (I-94) - to get your name up you have to commit to picking up the trash twice a year. They are also on Ravelry.
Haven't made it to MFF in several years -- actually, since I opened the store for Saturday hours :-( . . Lisa Owens was looking for someone to ride along with but I think she's going to go up to a different one in Sept. If you know of anyone looking for a big wheel, Penny is selling the one Dick Stonebreaker made her. And, I got first dibs on her double-treadle lendrum :-) -- do you know anyone wanting to start off with an Ashford Traveller?
Post a Comment