Much inclement weather here. The worst of it passed us by but we were still happy to be at home with a freezer full of food cooked up and carefully labeled when we thought we would be going to the grands for the holiday. I've been doing a bit of planning in anticipation of Knitting Today's big sale. Thinking about the projects I've enjoyed in the past and what I want to do this coming year, the project that I keep coming back to is my Tofutsie sweater, which I blogged about 14 October, 2008. This was the most enjoyable thing that I can recall making for myself in a long time, quite possibly since I made miles of spool knitting cord and sewed it all around an old brown sweater. I enjoyed making it; altering the pattern to my taste, finding a solution to the underarm hole problem, seeing the color changes develop and I have enjoyed wearing it; it goes nicely into the washer and dryer, it's heavy enough to slip into on coolish spring or autumn evenings yet light weight enough to layer in the winter. I brought some Tofutsie on sale about a year ago with the thought of making another and just last week Lea-Ann mentioned having seen the new Tofutsie colors for spring.
For the moment, I'm still in a hat mood. So small that they are instant gratification, yet large enough that you can see how fair-isle patterns develop and oh so very useful.
No comments:
Post a Comment