Monday, January 04, 2010

Swatching Sue and I braved the snow to get to Knitting Today's big sale. Actually, Sue braved the snow, I just sat in the car. But I did get myself some lovely yarn, Plymouth Tweed, in a rusty red with flecks of blue and yellow and brown. I'm planning to knit Cabled Vest 1700 from Plymouth Yarn Co. I did some swatching, seen to the left. The swatch on the left of the picture has been washed (in Euclan) and the one on the right hasn't. I liked the crisp feel of the yarn before washing, I thought it would be nice for something like a vest that's not next to the skin, but after washing I like the feel even better. It still has nice body but it has softened just a bit and has a much nicer hand. And the yarn fulls beautifully. I should add that the swatches weren't the same size to start with which is why I outlined an area 8 stitches wide by 8 rows high in white thread on each swatch.

No comments: