Thursday, April 01, 2010

Much of last month was about grandchildren. We went to a couple of movies we would not have seen otherwise and enjoyed the conversations afterward and hit the bookstores and, of course, ate out a lot. The visit must have been enjoyable to all as they will be back this month again.
Yesterday, during the little bit of morning that the sun shone, they burned the prairie. It took less time than I thought it would, about 45 minutes. I thought they would leave only scorched earth but here and there are odd little spikes of grass and the paths that animals and people have beaten down remain unburned. There is a narrow deer track that is a straight line from one edge to the other and the wide but short path that the Grand Pooh-Bah takes to fill the bird feeder and, of course, the deer sized areas that mark the deer wallows.
The Zeroth Shawls project is moving along nicely. After a very bad start and many crises of confidence and much frogging the first is almost done.This is the shawl. I like the the caption "To dare is to loose one's foothold for a short time..". As far as the knitting is concerned it does put the frogging in perspective. At first I read the caption as "To dare is to lose..." but "...to loose one's foothold..." seems a more deliberate act. Not an accidental letting go or a daredevilish tossing away but a thoughtful decision to step off one path and onto another.

No comments: