Tuesday, September 21, 2010


I hate to go forward before I've caught up but if I wait to post these pics I'll just get further and further behind in my posting. So I'll try to catch up on the summer and late summer prairie plants on my Prairie blog and give you knitters a glimpse of the prairie in the fall. Above, New England Asters, if you look closely you can see a butterfly enjoying the nectar. This is the first year we've had them, perhaps because of the burn this spring. Below, little blue stem flowers and below that, prairie asters.



As for my knitting... Well, I should be knitting button bands on two sweaters and I could be finishing up 2 other sweaters but instead I'm working away on socks. I found a couple of patterns for toe up socks with gussets and the temptation was just too strong plus I went over to The Fifth Stitch in Defiance, Ohio and got some great sock yarns, plus (if more justification is needed) we've been traveling and the socks are so much easier to work on in car or on train or just in motel rooms.

1 comment:

bittenbyknittin said...

I didn't realize you had a prairie area - how cool!