Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not a resolution!

Christmas was, as usual, a very frustrating knitting time for me. I found myself wanting to start a bunch of things for Christmas. Since there wasn’t much time left I started quick to knit patterns and then felt bad because my skills are so much better than “Easy Knits” and if only I had thought ahead I could have made something more significant. I had planned a series of nice lace shawls for everyone but I only finished one. This year I have gotten better organized. I have taken the time to rummage through my stash (no easy job), I thought about the people I want to knit for and then made a list of things I want to knit for Christmas gifts. I have the yarn and patterns for some (yeah, stash reduction!); others are more tentative, but at least I've thought about it and have a plan.
I've noticed that several of the bloggers I read have posted end-of-year lists of their completed projects. I really like the idea of being able to look back see what one has accomplished. I have some specific goals for myself this year and keeping better track of FO's would be a great way of charting my progress. Therefore, I've started using Ravelry more efficiently which has also cut down on the time I spend on line.




Above and below, is the Tuckernuck Cardigan from Interweave Knits, Winter 2010. It was, for me at least, a healing knit. The stitch pattern was complicated enough to keep my mind occupied yet easy to follow visually, the construction was simple and in the size 5 as knitted, a fast knit. I think the red heart buttons are a bit large but I know the little girl that it is for will love them. A satisfying project all around.

2 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

I plan to knit that cardigan for my granddaughter once she is a little older. Yours is beautiful!

Meredith said...

Lovely, lovely sweater. I think any little girl would be thrilled to have it. I am keeping track of my finished projects this year, I think it will be fun to see what I have accomplished, with no goal so I am not stressing myself to get things done. Knitting is about fun, not stress.
HAve a great weekend,
Meredith