Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week Two



Cassidy by Bonne Marie Burns in Cascade 220 Superwash. I had the button bands knit and one sleeve sewn on when I went out to Knitting Today and took another look at Lea-Ann's Cassidy. I had knit the button band with vertical buttonholes and was quite pleased with the result; Lea-Ann had knit horizontal buttonholes, much nicer. So I came back home and frogged the buttonhole band and re-knit it. The sleeve seams look OK. Sewing in sleeves is the same whether the garment is sewn or knitted- one sleeve slides in perfectly the first time, the other will never look right no matter how much you rip out and re-do. I'll sew the buttons on after I've washed and blocked it but I'm counting this as finished. And the frogged buttonband counts as a frogged so this week the count is one finished, one frogged.


5 comments:

Sonya said...

I just cast on for Cassidy last night! It's blue too. I didn't make it to KT during my recovery; I ended up with doc appts on Fridays. I'll make it one of these days!

Sonya said...

Edited to add: Your Cassidy looks fabulous! I've made a mental note about the horizontal button band.

bittenbyknittin said...

LOVE that sweater! I know what you mean about setting in sleeves. Lately I have tried picking up stitches at the armhole, then knitting down to the cuff. Much easier on my nerves!

Meredith said...

Great job!!! I love the color and i agree on the sleeves, seems it is always easy to sew one on but the other is much harder.
Have a great day,
Meredith

A. Warped, knitter said...

Sonya- sorry that you didn't get out. Glad to hear that you are doing well.
Abby- I generally pick up and knit sleeves down too- it requires some thought but really does make a nicer seam- but I couldn't figure out a way to knit the sleeves down and keep the pattern on the sleeves right side up.
Mereknits- thanks for the good wishes.