Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Week 4

Where is leap year when you need it? What with loom frustration and re-writing the sleeve directions so they could be picked up and knit top down and re-visiting the steeks (more on that later) I didn't get both sleeves finished this week. Below is Plymouth Design Studio's Mock Cable Cardigan of Plymouth Select Worsted Merino Superwash. If February were 2 days longer it would be finished.



The steeks on the Bountiful Bohus really bugged me. They were most untidy and I doubted that blocking would cure the problem so I got out my sewing machine, spent a bit of time adjusting the tension, stoked my courage with some chocolate and peanut butter then sewed and cut again. Much nicer, so I had some more chocolate and peanut butter to celebrate.



March was supposed to be about a kit I've been wanting to start and a new technique I've been wanting to try but a couple of weeks ago I went to put on my socks and had a hard time finding a pair that didn't need repair. So, it's March, darn it!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Love the sweaters, your work is beautiful and the colors are just lovely.
Have a beautiful day,
Meredith