I took this pic of one of our early coreopsis yesterday. The seeds of these flowers must be the favorite food of the yellow finches. Before the flowers are finished blooming, before the seeds are even mature, the finches perch on the stem just below the flower and pluck out the seeds. This morning when I went out there was a yellow finch sitting on the birdfeeder crook and the coreopsis stem was broken and the flower on the ground. Naturally, every year we have fewer and fewer coreopsis.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
This (notice the singular) is the Gush sock by Yarnissima. I started it about 3 weeks ago. I really like the way the design flows into the gusset and the heel, actually, I find the construction of all her socks interesting. However this pattern is slow going for me as I have to read the chart line by line. This is not mindless or even semi-mindless knitting. I'm looking forward to starting the second sock after this cycle of visits is over.


I took this pic of one of our early coreopsis yesterday. The seeds of these flowers must be the favorite food of the yellow finches. Before the flowers are finished blooming, before the seeds are even mature, the finches perch on the stem just below the flower and pluck out the seeds. This morning when I went out there was a yellow finch sitting on the birdfeeder crook and the coreopsis stem was broken and the flower on the ground. Naturally, every year we have fewer and fewer coreopsis.
I took this pic of one of our early coreopsis yesterday. The seeds of these flowers must be the favorite food of the yellow finches. Before the flowers are finished blooming, before the seeds are even mature, the finches perch on the stem just below the flower and pluck out the seeds. This morning when I went out there was a yellow finch sitting on the birdfeeder crook and the coreopsis stem was broken and the flower on the ground. Naturally, every year we have fewer and fewer coreopsis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very interesting sock pattern! I did not know finches like coreopsis seeds. My coreopsis is in front of the house and not very viewable. Maybe I will plant some in back with the coneflower, which I *know* the finches like.
Post a Comment