This is a little jumper/overblouse for a grandaughter. It was intended to be an easy knit that I would work on in the evenings. The plan was that I would spend the day weaving, take a break for dinner then go back and weave a bit longer then, in the hour or so before sleep, I would unwind by chatting with the GPB and knit a bit. Oh, yeah. Worked well 'till I got to the unwind part; no need to unwind, I just had to sit down and I was fast asleep. Still, it is a quick, easy pattern and, I think, cute. Especially when paired with hot pink leggins and tee shirt. The pattern is Like Sleeves from Harumidori Designs and the yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Quatro.
The pattern calls for a tightly crocheted drawstring. Not being much of a crocheter I made the drawstring with a lucet. This is the first time I've used the lucet with a knitting yarn, usually lucet cords are worked with a firm smooth cord such as perle cotton but the Cascade worked well and I got a lovely firm, square cord.
1 comment:
I can't find my Lucet! I just end up making I-Cord because when I need a cord.
Love the top.
Post a Comment