Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RETREAT

re-TREAT: to treat oneself again
retr-EAT: a form of "retro" (to look back), combined with the verb "to eat" or to eat while reminiscing
r-ETRE-at: the French verb "etre" (being), combined with at (indicating place) or where I'd rather be at
knitting retreat: an occasion to do all of the above while knitting

Last weekend Lea-Ann over at Knitting Today had her fall knitting retreat at Camp Lutherwald. The weather was perfect, the company was wonderful and the food was, as usual, great and Camp Lutherwald is lovely. There was knitting, hand and machine, spinning, walking, goose watching, movies and, of course, food. I even found a kindred spirit, someone else who, by choice, does not have a dishwasher. It was fun to catch up with knitters I hadn't seen for a while and meet new people. Lea-Ann has already set the date for next years fall retreat and we have started signing up.
I agonized over what to take to retreat, something difficult enough that I did not get bored with it yet easy enough that I could chat while knitting. I settled on the Knit Picks kit, Seasonal Shawls; Fall,Winter. It's a kit, it's from Knit Picks, so everything is all right there together, right? Even with the errata in hand I still found the directions unclear but after some ripping out it is moving along well.




The color changes make it even more interesting.

No comments: