Sunday, August 27, 2006
Well, I've given my brain a week to recover from all the Sandy cardigan math and I am ready to do the calculations for the sleeves. I had planned a long knitting post with pictures but my 'puter and I don't seem to be getting on well today. I went over to Missy's to post a comment about her Christmas knitting and couldn't get the "comments" window to come up. I guess if you are going to knit for Christmas you have to start early but around here it's still air conditioning weather. I can't get my pictures to post and I keep hearing thunder. Also, I have just discovered George Pelecanos, he writes mysteries set in Washington, D.C.. He keeps throwing in little bits of local history- the dry cleaners over on Georgia Ave. that's been owned by the same Greek family for 40+ years- that bring back memories and make me wonder exactly where he grew up. Does he remember the frozen custard stand on Georgia Ave that was shaped like an ice castle with rough white stucco swirled on it and bits of glass stuck on to make it glitter and was flanked by two life-sized polar bears posed to throw snow balls at each other? Did he go to the parks department summer camp and sleep out in the park that used to be on Georgia Ave just south of Nativity Church? But the big question is- why has it taken me so long to find him, his books are worth reading even without the nostalgia factor. So this rainy afternoon is for reading and posting will have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Next time you come visit you'll have to talk to Anne about the mathematics involved in knitting. She's at that age where she's insisting that math has no value for an artist and dancer!
Hope all is well. We've been super busy with back to school and birthdays. I'll give you a call today or tomorrow.
Your article is very informative and helped me further.
Thanks, David
Post a Comment