Last week began oddly but ended well and set up this to be a great week. I had it in my planner that on Saturday D. and I would be going to an all day spin-in and all week I was not looking forward to it. I don't know why. A day with D doesn't come very often and an all day spin-in is rare but I just wasn't into it. On Thursday I played Mah-Jong and MF brought her vintage Mah-Jong set. It is a charming set with petite wood tiles and wooden racks. We built the wall the old fashioned way and the gentle click of the wooden tiles on the table made me think of Boston and the good times I had with L and the rest of the "girls". A relaxing, pleasant afternoon made even moreso by memories of Boston. I realized Friday that the spin-in is next Saturday and it was as if a load went off my mind. I had cleaned the house and not made any plans for the weekend because of the spin-in so I had the whole two days to do as I pleased. For some reason what I was pleased to do was cook (it's a rare feeling for me) and made a big pot of spaghetti sauce and roasted a turkey. Which means that this week I have nothing to do but TA-DA... knit.
Above is the yarn for my "Through the Looking Glass" mystery shawl, Dusk on the Fjord.
Above is my second gauge swatch. It took me all week to do it, guess I wasn't in the mood for much of anything. Sometimes, it gets that way during allergy season. I got the first part of the directions over a week ago but was intimidated by the lack of a picture of the finished object. I'm a visual person and without being able to see what I was going to make I just didn't want to start. I read the spoiler thread for clue one and saw the pictures and realized that the way I visualized it was spot on so now I feel much better about working on the shawl. I have challenged myself not to look at the spoiler pictures for clue 2.
Below is a close up of one of the beaded nupps which are part of the design.
2 comments:
So beautiful. I wish I had the ability to knit lace, it looks so hard. These days I am not so sure I could keep up with the pattern. I look forward to seeing your progress.
XO,
Meredith
What a beautiful yarn, and gorgeous knitting. I have just learned to make Nupps but have not beaded them.
I found your blog through Mereknits. I enjoy your sense of humor and writing.
Thank you,
Post a Comment