menopausal woman nostalgic for choice
(I didn't say it- but in true menopausal fashion- I
can't remember who did)
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Autumn has come and it's box elder bug time in Indiana. This year I have noticed some pseudo-ladybugs with the box elder bugs. I'm not sure if the pseudo-ladybugs are confused or if they are trying to get the box elder bugs to join forces with them.
Ooh, I remember the box elder bugs from when we lived in the country. The box elder trees in the yard did not help any. My first encounter with those pseudo-ladybugs was to discover that they BITE! This time of year the spiders try to move in. There is a giant one in the main bathroom, but it is hiding behind the cat's litter box, so I haven't been able to chase it down yet.
Mereknits: I hadn't noticed before but they are handsome in their black suits with red trim. Usually when I look at them I mutter unrepeatable things. This time of the year they swarm all around the house, sneak in through the doors and ooze in through the tiniest crack. I have to vacuum them up daily- especially on the ground level floor.
Abby: I never noticed that the pseudo-ladybugs bit. I guess that's why our cats (when we still had cats) just ignored them. Maybe your cat will get that large spider- a little extra protein in her diet?
4 comments:
Lovely bug as far a s bugs go, very interesting coloring. Have a wonderful day,
Meredith
Ooh, I remember the box elder bugs from when we lived in the country. The box elder trees in the yard did not help any. My first encounter with those pseudo-ladybugs was to discover that they BITE! This time of year the spiders try to move in. There is a giant one in the main bathroom, but it is hiding behind the cat's litter box, so I haven't been able to chase it down yet.
Mereknits: I hadn't noticed before but they are handsome in their black suits with red trim. Usually when I look at them I mutter unrepeatable things. This time of the year they swarm all around the house, sneak in through the doors and ooze in through the tiniest crack. I have to vacuum them up daily- especially on the ground level floor.
Abby: I never noticed that the pseudo-ladybugs bit. I guess that's why our cats (when we still had cats) just ignored them. Maybe your cat will get that large spider- a little extra protein in her diet?
Post a Comment