As I said before, I was a tad intimidated about starting clue one of the mystery shawl without having seen a picture of the finished knitting (yes, I know that that is the point of a mystery project but I am a very visual person) so I was a bit late to start. However I did not sneak a peek at pics of clue 2 'till I was well into it so I have stretched myself a bit. As this is the Through the Looking Glass Shawl I would like to paraphrase Alice by saying that, "I'm knitting as fast as I can" but the truth is I'm taking my time. Lots of stitch markers and lifelines and no listening to audio books and I take a break as soon as I start to mess up or miscount. The yarn is Dusk on the Fjord a gradiance colorway from the Unique Sheep. The picture doesn't show the subtle streaks of rosy violet that run through the fabric. I've never seen dusk on a fjord but I have seen those same colors streaked across the sky over the Chesapeake Bay at dusk.
Great afternoon knitting yesterday. I got to tell, again, the story of our adventure last Saturday. Day and I went down to a spin in at
Teasel Hill Farm. It was a wonderful day. The location is beautiful, good conversation and great fellowship. Meanwhile, back up north... We had met up at a friends place and we left her car there (we had invited our friend to come with us and surely she would recognize Day's car). Well, she didn't recognize Day's car so she called the sheriff about the abandoned, possible stolen, car, the sheriff called Day's house and spoke to her daughter who called our friend and they got it all sorted out. Well, except for the ransom... Apparently they decided to hold Day's car for a ransom which involved (what else?)...food.
No comments:
Post a Comment