stalker---the pathological follower and tab-keeper of another person or persons
I have a stalker. Or rather, this blog has a stalker. TGPB says that calling it a "stalker" is an insult to true stalkers who pursue their obsession with a kind of intelligence but I will ignore him- the stat counter does not lie- I have a cyber stalker. I was not flattered by it's attentions when it lived nearby, distance has not changed my opinion. I'm a midwestern grandma whose life is kinda boring, even to myself. Trust me, in my fantasies I am never me. Some years ago I had a friend who was on the Nixon's White House enemies list. When asked how he felt about making the list he said that it was a bit frightening to think that all those big important people had, in truth, nothing better to do than worry about him. I know how he felt- my stalker isn't big or important but surely, what an empty life it must lead to have the time to find me sooo interesting. But, as the Bishop said to the actress, tis a small thing but it's mine. Anyway, as long as it stalked quietly I was content to print off the monthly stat tracker report and have a good laugh about how often it visited (the visits had nothing to do with how often or how wittily I posted- all kidding aside, I do realize that this obsession has nothing to do with me) but I have now found it necessary to moderate comments. If it wants to stalk me, fine, but I do not feel obligated to give it an audience.
I apologize to my regular readers (regular in all senses of the word) for the inconvenience of comment moderation and will be posting about my knitting again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How strange, and a little creepy. But I think you are handling it properly. Several blogs I follow have comment moderation, so no biggie. Looking forward to more knitting!
So sorry you are having a stalker, now unsettling. You have many people who love to read your blog, and hopefully they will outshine the stalker.
Have a wonderful day,
Meredith
Post a Comment