I love Ravelry, except when I hate it. Ravelry is a great thing for knitters, except when it is the world's biggest time suck. I enjoy wandering through Ravelry, moving from my friends to my friends friends, to the friends of friends of friends, etc. finding new patterns and new interesting conversations and then I hate myself afterward.
In my Ravelry wanderings I've been collecting free patterns (don't we all?). These are a some of the free hats I've found:
This is called "Cafe Hat" from Wei S. Leong and Kiwi Knits. It's knit from Zelandana Rimu DK from Knitting Today. I knit a hat with this yarn in the fingering weight last year and am pleased with the way it has held up. I think the warmth and softness of the Rimu make it perfect for a slouchy hat such as this.
This is "Snowtracks Cap" from Timothy Peters. It's knit of Encore Superwash Merino Worsted currently my favorite superwash yarn. Even after several washings the cabling shows up well.
This is "Turn A Square" from Brooklyn Tweed. It was recommended to me by Deb at Friday Knitting at my LYS,Knitting Today. Like Deb, I knit it out of Full O'Sheep from Stitch Nation and Boku from Plymouth Yarn. It is a fast knit and I like the way the stripes accentuate the squareness of the shaping. The Full O'Sheep is a softly twisted singles which was a little splitty at first, 'til I got used to knitting with it. I do like the way it looks knit up, soft and very warm. Unfortunately, the the color changes in the Boku don't show very well, the color changes are a bit too subtle. I'm making a woman's hat in this pattern. Black Full O'Sheep with stripes of Boku which has stripes ranging from rose to yellow to green. I think it will be very effective.
Hope that all have a good holiday season and see you all next year.
2 comments:
I love the hats, But I have tosay I don't really love Ravelry that much. I do go on every once in a while to get a free pattern but I don't spend much time there. I think I am the only knitter who doesn't. Maybe I am not that great with computers or websites, who knows. How is your lace coming along?
Have a great day,
Meredith
Sounds like you use Ravelry wisely, get what you want and get off, would that I had that kind of discipline. My lace is resting until after the holidays. I'm certain that it will go much better when my mind isn't jumping around thinking about grocery lists and gifts to be wrapped.
Hope that the season is happy at your house.
Post a Comment